It's been sooo long since I've blogged abt you my lil sweetheart! So much has happened. For one, you've grown so tall. Sometimes you stand as tall as any 5 year old looking timidly, and wonder how come they ride their bicycles as well...or swing from one end of the gym to another effortlessly and then you come knowingly to me and say "Mummy when I become a big girl, I also do that"!
You go to a new school these days-Bridges Montessori. Has been a quarter already. Ofcourse as always, Mommy feared that you would take some time in adjusting the new routine and waking early and being in school by 8.30am. But, the very first day you walked in with the confidence of someone who knew the drill...from inside the class you even waved out to me-frantic mommy who was trying to photograph every tiny detail from your first day.
| At the playground on the first day of Bridges Montessori |
On a recent visit to the zoo that your teachers organised, I came back home from work to ask for the details...and among things that you stated ecstatically, you said that your teacher Ms Mae fell down in the tram. Now somehow the thought made me laugh. But seeing how angry you became made me stop instantly. You were mad that I was laughing at your teacher...who clearly was probably hurt from the fall! Made me see the compassionate you..my lil big girl who advised me later that I should never stand in a moving tram, lest I fall like Ms Mae:) I am soo soo surprised at how careful you are at all times. Asking me to be careful when I stand atop a stool...or run for cover when it begins to rain..and I wonder where you learn all of this from. I know I never need to tell you any of this, coz you do a fine job of being a careful little child.
You also totally believe that you are growing up to be a princess. Today, as you dressed for a drama class I heard you say - "girls should always wear pink underpants - coz then they'll grow up to be a princess....right mommy ? ":)
And our nightly ritual is never done, until we've read you a story. We've read Rapunzel a hundred times, so thankfully we've moved on to the Little Mermaid and Beauty and the Beast!
I'm sad that you'll grow up to discover that life is challenging and hurtful sometimes. Just as it is in the playground...and instead of growing up into a Princess, you may have to wear your insecurities as a crown, and never be able to wish away your pains with a magic wand. But your spirit gleams with playfulness and ideas and happiness for now. So I'm going to celebrate the fairytale that you are till I help you uncover the ruse around life...if you will still come to me then as you do now :) And even if you don't, I'll never stop telling you that that you're my little Princess forever. The dramaqueen that mommy can't get enough of!
| My thoughtful Princess |
No comments:
Post a Comment